Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Grandma Gets a Page

Here's a full pic of one of the layouts I did for February's layout class:Layout Title: "Grandmas Can..."
Title and journaling for this was inspired by these books my kids have called "What Mummies Do Best" and "What Daddies Do Best" - very cute.

Favourite Bits:
1. Love the torn bits of story book paper. (I've been recycling the pages from the altered book....can you tell?). Anyway, this is really fun to do - just a bit of tape glue, paper burnished on, and a firm quick rip (think leg wax)

2. Happy with how the heart turned out - I like the mix of ribbons on it especially the lace edging (which is actually elastic for edging underwear according to the auntie at Textile Centre - I bought so much she must have wondered how many panties I was making?!!! Haha)

3. Like how the letters turned out. They started out as hot pink vinyl American Craft Thickers, but I painted them and then sanded them so they turned out much better - The sanding picks out the texture of the vinyl.

That's it from me! Have you been nice to your mummy today?

3 comments:

Wendy Kwok said...

Love this sweet LO. I have that 'panties' lace too.... I didn;t know that! LOL

Wati Basri said...

such a sweet one here! love all the techs used!!

Julie said...

This looks great love the time line look.